Friday, June 22, 2012

Over at Diane’s

Last week I went over to Diane’s to make a bag. 
ATdiamondislandtote_LRG  A pretty cool looking bag that should hold lots when on vacation.  Its made differently.  We are using stiff interfacing, which I also called Pellon or Timtex.  That makes the body of the bag ~~ well, stiff.  It won’t be holding a bottle of wine or a loaf of bread.  It will hold my keys, my wallet, my camera, probably the GPS and the cell phone.  Oh, yes and fabric……………….also pottery when I shop in PEI at Village Pottery.  My order is in.
When I knew I was going over I grabbed my camera and Polly and took some snaps of Diane’s sewing space.
IMG_2948  This is the magazine, book selection and some have been cleared out.  There are binders with patterns in.  Boxes with thread.  Gadgets and gizmos.  It is incredible.
IMG_2949
Polly went in for a closer look.  This isn’t all the thread collection, there is more but I didn’t photograph it.
IMG_2951   This hangs in the room just above the sewing table.  I didn’t take the photos of the rulers, cutting mats, etc.  There are many.  Did you see the tools on the top?  I have some like that too.
IMG_2952  Fabric?…………this is just a drop in the bucket.  See those cupboards ~~ full! and there is more in bags for what Diane does not know.  A true quilter                     
 

The Danish are coming, The Danish are coming
Karl's niece, her husband and their two children are coming for lunch on Saturday, perhaps supper too.  
They are visiting the USA and Canada and as they are "this close", thought they would drop in to see their
uncle and his family.
It is going to be a good day.

Search This Blog