Friday, June 8, 2012

Dabbling.............

I love to dabble.  A little bit of this, a little bit of that.  I love crayons and you've seen the results of that a time or two on the blog.  The leaf I did awhile ago was one of the projects I had a lot of fun with.





I've picked up coloured pencils a time or two but they aren't my favourite thing to work with.  They add dimension and help "draw" out the colours or add colours to different aspects of my quilting.  This is one example.  I ran this photo off on fabric and framed it.  I started to work on it
 and there it sits.  I wasn't too enamored with it as it seemed dull and washed out.  I picked up the orange pencil and started to colour.  It got better and better.  One day soon, I'll finish up the machine quilting and then decide where it will hang.  I will also do the butterfly stitching over with a thicker thread.  I want this gal to pop off the fabric.

The past couple of weeks I've brought out the watercolour paints.  Nothing expensive..............Crayola ones I picked up at Michaels.  I haven't painted in years and thought with my granddaughter's birthday coming I should get them out and make something for her.  She is quite the little artist herself and I love to give cards that say something about the person I'm giving it too.

Taylor is our sporty girl.  She loves soccer and is very good at it.  We just went to a game for her the past couple of weeks and were thrilled to see her score a goal.  She doesn't always get the opportunity as she plays mid-field but this game she was a forward.  Grandpa and I were quite proud sitting there on the sidelines.

This is it.  Just something that came together.  I'm going to be doing more now.  I think I may take my paints away with me.  I hope to get some scenery done from parts of PEI.  Maybe take a picnic lunch and just sit and paint.  That would be a good day.............for me anyway.  Maybe Karl could take a nap.
Tonight I'm off to the Museum for a reception for donors to the Bridesmaids Revisited exhibit.  I have a new outfit and I'm looking forward to it.  I've never been to a reception before.

Tomorrow is the launch and the bride and her mom-in-law (that would be me) are going down.  I have seen bits and bops on the television and it looks fabulous.  No photos I'm afraid.  Don't know why, we just aren't allowed.
Have a good week-end everyone. I'll be sewing on Sunday.  I have lots to do, so must get it done before holidays roll around.

Search This Blog