I did it!
I ran two labels off – one for the current quilt and one for the quilt going to Robin today. I carefully took the paper off the back, cut the two labels apart (I do two to a page) and left them on the board…………………..the cutting board.
You can see where this is going, can’t you? Smart ladies.
For some reason the one label I set aside, but not the other. I laid a piece of fabric down and started to trim it. Then I moved it and saw what I had done. Darn it!!!!!
That long side was the one that got chopped. I did the other one, because all was not lost. I took the backing fabric at whatever width was on the board
and sewed it to the long side. Who says the labels can’t be fancy?
Then I sewed another one
trimmed it and then another one, until the whole darn thing was done. I purposely cut away the excess across the top to make it “squared” and then set about getting it ready to sew in place.
I only turn two sides of the label back and always for some reason do it 1/2”. The other two sides are sewn into the side of the quilt when I sew the binding on.
Here it is, neatly done and with a bit of fancy to it.
No one will ever know you made a mistake unless you tell them
After this was all done, I thought to myself, I could do a crazy patch label for a quilt. I have one coming up soon that it would look really good on. My Odds and Sods quilt. Or perhaps I could do the label that would look like the front. On second thought that wouldn’t work. There is a black strip runs down the middle of each block and they don’t make black printable fabric. But, but, I'm having a thought here.
Look what I found blooming in the garden.............soon, they will be coming soon.