Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My quilt show for the middle of May

I should never admit this, but I have 3 planned for this month……2 down and 1 to go.
This show was held in the small town of Dunnville, Ontario by the D.O.T.S………Dunnville’s Own Tiny Stitchers.  Isn’t that a great name for a guild?  This little group was formed in 1996 by 16 ladies and it has grown to 78 members.  They are a busy group with day’s away and fall retreats and quilt shows.
I learned about this group when the guild I used to belong to was asked by Lynne  for quilts for the victims of the Slave Lake Albert wildfires.  Lynne’s sister-in-law is a member of D.O.T.S and they answered the call.  Their generosity was fabulous and now it was time for folks like me to give back. 
I asked my friend Jessie if she wanted to go to the show, so she drove one hour and we drove one hour and we met in the middle.  We did the show and we shopped and then we all went out for lunch.  We had a great time and plan on doing it again.
I did a little Smilebox for all of you.  I have to add, I love going to shows where I don’t have to do that darn viewer’s choice ballot.  I don’t like voting.  I want to go in and thoroughly enjoy myself.
I have other reasons for this too.  Not everyone quilts at the same level.  Some are so good, none of us on this planet will ever be able to do what they do.  However, each and everyone of us does our very best and that as I used to say to my children is all I ever ask and all I will ever expect.  Its not fair to judge one against the other.  Everyone is different and everyone has different skills.  Here’s the show…………….enjoy!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This digital slideshow generated with Smilebox


These are the little gifts we were given.  Very nice and thank you to those that took the time to make them

Search This Blog