Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh, my

Karl and I got in the car and drove over to Binbrook on Friday morning.  The sun was shining……………..it was a beautiful day.

I have never been to this particular show before, but I’ll definitely be dragging friends to it from now on.  It was fabulous!!!  It just goes to show, you don’t need ballots for people to fill in, you don’t need a huge massive hall, you don’t need risers to hold the quilts. This was done to perfection with a lovely blend of very old quilts and very new.  It was unique, it was charming, and there was a very, very warm feeling when you walked through the door.

It was held inside the church – a gorgeous old church – a Methodist church at one time.  The church gave it an atmosphere that I have never felt before at a show. There was soft music playing in the background.  We walked down the first aisle, up the centre and then back down and up the “far side”.  We saw every single solitary quilt that was there.

I will never forget this show.  It was done so very, very well.  There were husbands out in the parking lot directing traffic and the women inside were so hospitable.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Yes I did spend a little tiny bit of money.  I bought two charm packs for a little girl.     Who’s little girl?  I don’t know, just a special one.

104

Here is a Smilebox made especially for you.  I asked a question during the slideshow and the answer will be posted in a couple of days.  See, I figure if I post it today you’ll read the answer and then go see the show.  I wasn’t born yesterday.
When you get to the end of the show, there is a beautiful full cloth quilt done by an "expert" as I said.  Her name is Helen Hubert and you can follow her blog here:.


Now, please enjoy the show...........................
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow created with Smilebox


 

Pay it forward day is coming.  Are you ready?

Quilton

Search This Blog