Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crocodiles, giraffes, a lion and

 more.
I purchased a panel last year.  I also had two fabrics that co-ordinated with it.  It was time.........time to make it up.

I had an idea of how I wanted to make this up.  I found this on the internet and wanted to do something similar with this panel.
However, the panel only had 8 blocks.  I didn't want to go 2 across x 4 down or 4 across x 2 down..............I wanted something square but 8 doesn't square up very well.  I made the major decision to cut up the panel and then had to figure out what I was doing.  A little light bulb came on, so I brought up EQ on the computer and puttered away. This was looking great so I thought I was off and running


only to grind to a halt when I found out I didn't have enough fabric.  I phoned Bernice at the store and all the colorways were gone!  Why do I leave things so long?  Procrastination.....................he reared his ugly head again. 


I went down to the  shop and with a load of help Karen found a gold fabric that works and I kept the orange along with the backing and a new border.  This is what was accomplished one afternoon.  I know you are desperately wondering what is going in the middle.  I just know you are.

I didn't think to take a photo of the panel but each block had a frame around it, so I trimmed it down to 1/8" so I knew it wouldn't show through when I was done.  I didn't pre-wash any of this either.  Just started cutting and sewing them together.  I did rows one and three in a day and would have completed the middle row except I had a senior's moment and had to stop for the day.

These were the two fabrics I had purchased a year ago.  I love them.  The stripe is going on the back and the orange will be the sashing for some of the blocks.  I needed one more and a border.  The green leaf was still on the shelf and it worked with the orange and gold.  It worked really well as a matter of fact.  You would have thought it was made for it!



Okay, that centre block.  A couple of years ago I found a quilt in a magazine I just had to make.

It was called Jungle Babies and in each corner were monkeys.  I had run the patterns off on cardstock and found them...............haven't seen the magazine yet although I did look............and enlarged the pattern for my centre block.  I made the body a bit different, more in line with the top left block.

Here it is.  Traced, pressed and sewn down.


Ta-da!!!!!  I'm calling this one


Monkey in the Middle. 

I have no idea where that popped up from, but by golly it works. 




Tomorrow, tomorrow, you'll love me tomorrow.................it's only a day away.

You re so lucky that wasn't my voice you heard.

Search This Blog