Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's a mystery

For one reason or another Charleen and I had trouble getting together to do the last clue, which was last month.  We just couldn't connect and when we could I didn't feel like it.  Its my fault.  All my fault, but things were righted.

This was suppose to be an easy clue and we thought ~~  start, finish, move on.  You know that old expression..................the one that says....................the best laid plans of mice and men..............or some such thing.  Well, that applied to us.  We put needle to fabric and off we charged.  It was sooooooooooo simple.  Sew three blocks together. (The bottom strip on this one.)  Good old strip piecing. 

My 1/4" foot has two little thingies on it.  I chose the wrong thingie.  I sewed both sides and had to rip them out and re-do.  What a dumb thing to do.  I re-did and now I was behind.  Charleen wasn't!  Smartie pants.

Once that was fixed I moved on and sewed my next clue together.  This one worked!  Can you believe it took us a whole day to do this little bit of sewing.
This is what it all looks like so far.  I didn't put everything up on the flannel wall, just one of each.


So now we are up-to-date and moving on today.  I won't make you wait so long for the next instalment.

Today's column is rather short, so I'm going to direct you over to SewCalGal, where and I quote

"I am honored to announce the nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. These quilters were recognized by their peers, from around the world, who took time to submit nominations as they felt these particular quilters deserved to be recognized for their contributions to our wonderful world of Quilting.

Voting for your favorite Nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards is accepted here thru March 31st. I hope you will take time to vote, as this is your opportunity to help recognize those that have made our world of quilting so wonderful. Please be sure to follow all the rules, that are listed at the bottom of this post, for your vote to count." 
Pop in and see who has been nominated.  There are folks there you know, names you will recognize.  You can only vote once.  (I know, I just checked)
All the nominees are listed on the link I have put up.  You can browse that first before you start voting.  Have fun.




Search This Blog