Friday, March 23, 2012

It's done, It's done, by

george, it's done.  It hung around and hung around and I finally got to it.  I picked out the thread a long time ago, but procrastination just set in.  I hate that character ~~ right up there with housework.

This quilt was a little one I made up before I made Taylor's twin size quilt.  I wanted to see if I liked it and I had the charm squares lying about with no plans for them.
They were from a Mr. B's preview club pack.  I don't get them anymore as I could never figure out what to do with the few I got. I also have enough to do with what I have in stock, but don't ever tell Karl that.

This is it. 





I quilted it with big flowers in yellow thread, a yellow thread I thought was brighter than it turned out to be. 











I had four little spots that were kind of empty so I shrunk the quilting pattern through the computer and plopped them into the spots. 






The borders were not going to be more flowers, but when you think about flowers they all -- well, I think all -- come with leaves, so leaves I did.  I got the inspiration for the leaves from a little window valance I did from Angie's Bits and Pieces.  I drew it and then enlarged it on the computer. 


I had messed up the order for the backing.  I learned from that mistake. Read carefully!!  Then it turned out, it wasn't big enough for the backing.  I now have a yellow polka dot knit in my stash.  I'll put it on a narrower quilt sometime.  (I'll measure the backing and make the quilt top to fit.)   What was I thinking that day?  I have no idea.  To the rescue was another yellow fabric, flannel, from the cupboard so on it went.  It works together.

Another baby happy in Halton County, which makes me happy too.


Search This Blog