Friday, March 2, 2012

Finish it Friday..........

There is nothing like wanting to roll a quilt and put it away to make you sit for 5 nights putting the binding, the sleeve and the label on.  I did it though and I had some help.  The quilt is 82" x 82" so it lays across the foot stool and down onto the floor.  Someone, who shall remain nameless, finds comfy spots while I stitch.  I didn't even know she was where she was, until I went to move the quilt.  It wouldn't move!  Little devil.




I like to say this quilt has textures to it, but that could possibly be the wrong terminology.  The snowmen were made from a white fabric I bought as a remnant at the Hobby Horse.  I believe it was some type of denim.  Frays like the dickens though. The antlers on the deers are all a suede type of fabric given to me by a friend for a different project and these are the left overs 


The penquins are one of my favourites on this quilt.  Their tummies are flannelette.




You'll notice in this row that there is a mitt that doesn't have a mate.  Always happens in the winter.  Someone looses a mitt in the snow and it disappears.  Doesn't even re-appear when the snow melts.  Its like that sock in the washer that goes ~~ well, who knows where.



The santas are three different fabrics.  The hat, suit, face and boots are cotton, the beard is flannelette and the trim is the same white fabric as the snowman.

I had a problem at the end.  I didn't have any fabric left that matched the border.  With the exception of the background, all the fabric was from my stash.  I did buy the backing and when it came back from the LAQ there was enough fabric left over to make the binding, the sleeve and framing for the label.
The sleeve is joined.  What I had wasn't enough so I joined two pieces together and you will never know by looking at it as I put the seam on the inside.

Okay here come a series of photos. 


the label..........let's give credit where credit is due


the machine quilting......the pattern is something about the wind


the only time I wish I had a big house was when I take photos of large pieces
And its Misty approved
Yesterday on the blog, I said starting Monday you would need a password to get in. Well, being a woman and allowed to change her mind, I have.  There will be no password.  I am leaving this blog open for all the world to read cause I know the whole wide world reads it.
What has happened to me is beyond stupid, absolutely beyond it.  It has been a learning lesson and I am not going to say what I learned from it,  but I sure learned.
I will continue doing what I do, sharing knowledge. 

There are two really important people in my life.....................well more than two, so tomorrow I'm going to have a column just for them.  Who are they?  Why? 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, another come back story.

Search This Blog