Friday, March 16, 2012

Finally its Friday

and this special girl is having a birthday.


Happy, Happy Birthday, Illinois Abby.
I thought I better put Illinois in, cause there is another Abby that lives in my town.  She had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to wish her a Happy Birthday.  I'm so sorry Abby. 
By the way they are both yellow labs.  What are the chances of that happening?


Gee, this felt like a long week.  I guess it started with the time change on Sunday and Monday was a complete write off.  I don't do time change well.  It takes me days to get "normal".  I wish we were like Saskatchewan and never, ever moved those clocks.

I finished up another quilt.  Not sure about this one, but we'll start at the beginning and work our way through.

Remember this.....

and this................



or even this one....................

Well I've done it.  I made the label and I listed every bird that I did for every month.  I would never remember otherwise.  It may be a long time before this quilt resurfaces.

I cross hatched the sashings as I couldn't come up with any other way to quilt this.  I wanted simple and simple it got.  This is the back.......................
and now for the front


I have taken 6 photos of this quilt.  This is the best one.  Three were blurry, one was just plain awful and the other was deleted out of the camera, never to be seen by anyone.  I did post one on my quilting forum but this photo is a bit better.

I'm not too sure about this quilt.  I think the sashings dominate the entire thing and the embroidery is lost.  I'll roll it for now and maybe take it out down the road and take a second look at it.  I would never add sashings again until all the embroidery work is done.  It was a good idea at the time.....................

Tomorrow is National Quilting Day.
What are you going to do?
I'm off to jelly roll race.  I'll post about it sometime next week.

I didn't really know where to pop this photo in, so its going here seeing as its Friday.  Dawne dropped by the other day on her way home.  She said to me "want to see my quilt?"  Now that's like asking a chocolate lover if they want some chocolate, isn't it?

This is called Under the Australian Sun.  This is absolutely beautiful.   The photo doesn't do it justice.


Don't forget the giveaway.  It closes on Sunday night, winners announced on Monday morning.  Details are in the Thursday posting.



Search This Blog