Friday, March 9, 2012

FIF

It's that day of the week again.  Finish it Friday.  I'm doing pretty good at getting things finished lately.  I hope this roll continues.

I'm a bit annoyed at myself as I didn't take photos while I was working on this project.  I try to do that with everything so I can share a tip, or a disaster with you.  This time nothing, but then nothing really exciting happened.

This is it.  My raw edge applique wall hanging.  My first ever, but it won't be my last. I found the pattern on Black Eyed Susan Designs and along with this one I bought one for sunflowers.  This was fun.  You just cut out the pieces and I used batiks which I recommend.  You stick them down with a dab of glue and then you stitch them in place.

This is pretty much the centre of one of the flowers.  I was going to sew seed beeds into the middle, but I went on Bing and did some research, asked the gardener for his knowledge, and as these flowering plants are made from cuttings not from seeds, they doesn't seem to be any seeds in the middle.

I kept looking over at the pattern to see how the designer had sewn her stamen.  It seems she just went back and forth so I did the same. I didn't have the thread with the right weight, so stitching 4 times seemed to do the trick.

Well here it is.  I know a girl who said she would like it, so next time I see her I may pass it along.

I should have made it a bit shorter and it could have hung in my bathroom but I wasn't thinking when I cut the background.  Ah well, live and learn.

Our little girl spent the day at the doctors yesterday.  She wasn't well the night before, so when I got up with her at 6:30 am I decided to get her in and get her looked at.  She has a bad bladder infection which with meds should clear up beautifully.  How did she get it?  We don't know.

Thanks you Dr. Haines for looking after our girl. 

Search This Blog