Friday, February 10, 2012

The Wellington County Museum

The weather was perfect for a drive.  Fergus isn't that far away from us ~~ about 1 1/2 hours ~~ and we don't take the highways.  Its a beautiful drive through farm country.  (For those of you who don't know, Oakville is located about halfway between Hamilton and Toronto.  If you drive west you reach Burlington first then Hamilton, going east its Mississauga then Toronto................all along the shores of Lake Ontario.)


Here is your Smilebox
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

I did take the chap out to lunch.  We had our usual at Tim's but added their brand new treat for dessert.  Now don't I wish I could remember the name of it.  It looked like a Danish sort of pastry.  It was soooooooooooo good.

Then we walked across the parking lot to the shoe store.  Due to a lack of snow in this neck of the woods, I wanted a pair of slip on boots...............like crocks that are lined.  Got'em!!!  Not classy, but they will do the job.

Then I started to do damage.  I saw these and liked them.  New shoes.  Haven't bought any for a long time.

Now are you ready for these?  The sales girl had them in her hand and when she opened the box it was love at first site.  These are the best little rain boots I have ever seen.  Oh boy I hope it rains soon so I can wear them.  Love them, love them, love them.

The best til last.  This is my new purse.  I don't often buy purses but this shelf full of bags said to "buy me", "buy me", so I gave in.  It has a shoulder strap and lately I've been taken those short straps on my purses and trying to get them over my shoulder.  Its very uncomfortable and I'm still not hands free.  This is hand painted leather.

Now to load it up and get shopping.  Time for groceries and then I have to get to meetings. See you all on Monday.










Search This Blog