Monday, February 13, 2012

The queen of hearts

Did you know that making a heart is the easiest thing in the world to draw?  “Ya, right”, say some.  “I can’t draw a straight line.”  Can you write the #2?  Can you fold a piece of paper?  Then you can make a heart.  Take a piece of paper, fold it in half.  See, it’s easy.  Now write the number 2 but don’t put on the tail.  Cut on the line and open it up.  See...it was easy.

I believe my friend Jan taught me that years and years ago.  Almost positive.

#1                                                                                      #2
                                       
                                          






                                                         #3

The little pair of scissors that are in the photo were given to me when I was little.  They are classified as antiques now, so guess that means I am one too.

Heart shapes can be used for just about anything.  Noses on snowmen.......

or this..........................a doodle of what I thought would be the June BOM, but changed my mind
body, wings and tail.....................all started out as heart shapes.

This was something I saw many years ago and made a few of them as 'the' Christmas decoration for that year.  OMG, the back says 1998
and now, my gift to you this month.  The first time I made these, was with my father--in-law in 1966 at Christmas.  We made them from paper and then hung them on the tree.  The Danes make new ones every year.  I don't do that anymore.  I make them from fabric and fusible web.  I've also made them for Valentine's Day for kith and kin.  I've filled them with cinnamon hearts for some, sugarless candy for others and hugs and kisses for most. 



A PDF is on the How to page. 

Search This Blog