Saturday, February 25, 2012

How soon they forget

I had a phone call from the president of my guild.  Apparently, someone has taken exception to one of the postings that I wrote last week.  They obviously are not in agreement with what I said and they feel it reflects badly on the guild that I belong to.  I disagree but hey its my blog and I guess I'm not suppose to be able to speak my feelings in regards to things.

I don't know who the person is and to be honest I don't want to know.  You know I've written a lot about this guild and the columns have always been positive about the speakers or about what we have done. 

It doesn't matter that the writings about how fabulous these ladies were when they stepped up to the plate for Slave Lake or Haiti, it doesn't matter about the write ups for the workshops, it doesn't matter about past speakers who have come out and given us a fabulous evening.  One time and boy oh boy you hear about it.  It doesn't matter that since I became a member of this guild  (the very first night), I have given them my time to do things for them that no one else in the Guild stepped up to do.

I didn't hear directly from this person.  They didn't take the time to leave a comment or send me an email.  They left it on the shoulders of this young lady to give me a phone call.  When I woke up this morning I had freedom of speech.  Not anymore.  Therefore, from now on you will not see this guild mentioned on my blog.  You will not hear about the good deeds of the membership when they are asked to step up to plate.  You won't hear about the wonderful things they do in their Outreach programme.  You aren't even going to hear about the quilt show that is coming up.


FREE SPEECH IS THE WHOLE THING
THE WHOLE BALL GAME
FREE SPEECH IS LIFE ITSELF



 

Search This Blog