Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


The girls came on Friday night and stayed the week-end as you know, so sewing time for my stuff was limited.  I did a couple of things last week and want to share one with you for sure, maybe two.

This is something I've wanted to try for awhile.  I call it puffy fusible web.  It may have been done before by others, but I've never seen it.  I found my bag of fiber fill and took a small bit and laid it on the back of the Christmas tree for my BOM for December.



















You should try to leave it off the outside edges of the piece you are working with.  That's where the fusible web is and you want that to adhere to your background fabric.  I pressed mine in place as well as I could and then I dug out my invisible thread and sewed around the entire perimeter with a small zig-zag stitch.  I should have used a  bobbin thread, but I didn't and up close you can see the thread coming to the top.


You can see in this photo the puffiness of the tree. 
















I still had to press the other pieces down and when that was done I sandwiched it.  Here is the tree now and I'm quite pleased with the results.  I'm a bit behind this month.  And this is the reason why.  The last Christmas gift...............ya, its the teaser.


This week is an anniversary of sorts for our family and not one we want to repeat anytime soon.  One year ago our son was stuck in his truck for 32 hours on the highway leading into Sarnia.....the 402.
It isn't something any of the family, especially Peter wants to repeat. 
























No weather like that as I write this.  Just dull, rainy December days.

Search This Blog