Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Monday!!! 13 days til Christmas Day

Before I begin today, I watched this yesterday.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Take a moment from your busy life and watch it.  I'm sure it will bring tears to your eyes too. 


Remember this?









Well, after three days it turned into this...................



Dragonfly Garden from Three Swans Studio, a Canadian company located in Edmonton, Alberta.  I've made this before for Karl and I and I did a workshop on it several years ago.  I have seen two others finished and hanging in homes.  It really is one of the most beautiful stained glass pieces I own.

For some reason this one caused me problems................stupidity on my part really.  I decided to trace the one dragonfly and set it in place, then start from the bottom and do the greenery.  I kept loosing my place and not tracing some and tracing others twice.  All this and I'm marking them off as I went along.  I was in too much of a hurry, I know I was.  I even traced the wrong side of the pattern.  Now you know my brain was not in gear.

To make life easier the first time I made this I traced the whole pattern onto white freezer paper so I could adhere it to the back of the black fabric.  For constructing this piece you place your fused pieces on the front side of solid black. 

When I had the first one made up years ago, I didn't like the selection of greens I used.  One stands out like a sore thumb and to this day, I want to replace it.  I coloured the freezer paper so I wouldn't make that mistake again.  This time it turned out much, much better. 




I know our son-in-law is going to love this.  I've never seen him stand and take in anything like he did this.  Its going to a good home.



Memories
Kristina's first Christmas.  She was 2 days shy of 9 months old.  Big brother was 3 and a teensy, tiny bit.

Search This Blog