Monday, December 19, 2011

Have you

lost your mojo?  A young girl I know wrote on her blog that she lost her mojo and couldn't find it.  It happens to all of us.  We just loose complete interest in something we love doing for one reason or another.  We feel inadequate or someone has made a comment that we have taken the wrong way.  It wasn't meant to be criticism but that's how we took it.  Happens to all of us at one time or another.

Fortunately for me, my quilting lives on and on.  I got a lot accomplished this year and I'm quite proud of it.


 This was for a friend in Australia, her two daughters take dance.  I found this wonderful pattern on Angie's Bits and Pieces
Someone mentioned last year, if she didn't behave she would be getting coal for Christmas, so I thought this was appropriate for her.  She has opened her gift so it's okay to post it here.  Please don't ask me where I found it, I have no idea 11 months later.
  I made 84 coasters for our upcoming quilt show

















and the list goes on and on.

Now I don't just sit and quilt all day, every day.  I do other things as well......................I love to embroider


and occasionally I pick up the knitting needles and do make some slippers or scarves or mitts or gloves (although that isn't my favourite thing to make) or socks.  I used to do it while Karl drove on our holidays, but Misty has stopped that habit in its tracks.  Ever tried to knit, in the front seat of a pick up truck with your kitten chasing your needles? 











I've found another love this year..............making cards. 



Another way I can divert my interests so I'm not quilting all the time.  Next year I will start sooner on my Christmas cards though.  I'm planning all my gifts and cards right now, as they are going to be done during the year and not at the last minute.



To the young gal that felt inferior and that caused her to loose her mojo, no one is perfect, absolutely no one.  There are imperfections in those quilts at Houston or Paducah.  There are things I'm sure we wouldn't like in them if we got up close and personal. 

Do what you love and love what you do.


the train on the track, goes round and round........


Search This Blog