Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A trip away

The sky was bright and sunny and the weather was good, so off we go.  It is fun to make your own shop hop and that I did.

First stop was Country Patchworks in Tavistock just outside Woodstock.  I found a beautiful backing for a child's quilt I need to sandwich and of course there were different Christmas fabrics I don't possess so they were must haves too.  A few reds for a project I'm going to be doing and I'll give you a tutorial on that too, cause my friend gave me permission to feature it on the blog.  (That will be in December so stayed tuned as they say.)



The tone on tones I collect and have great plans for them, whether I get the plans done, another story.  I found a stonehenge fabric that will work on a top I have plans for and the stonehenge in the front is for something I'm hoping to get done for the member's boutique at the quilt show in May.

It was off for lunch and we stopped at a local restaurant that was recommended by staff at the quilt shop.  Its called Dean Michaels and they serve crepes, along with other wonderful food.  Go hungry!!  The servings are big.  My biggest problem when going to a new restaurant is deciding what to eat.  I'll have to go back some day and order something else.  Manopeedoops sure look good.

On the road again.  This time Kitchener to a shop called Creative Sisters.  I wanted to go and see what they had as I'm turning into a batik lover and because I did some research before I left home, I knew they carried them and had a good selection.  Oh, dear I wasn't disappointed.  I was in Heaven!!


I'm going to use some of the greens in Paul's wallhanging and the browns are towards my collecting.  I will definitely go back to this store.  It was beautiful.  Everything was so organized and it was neat and tidy and they carried a lot of patterns and notions too. 

Next trip is to Fergus.  We are going to the Museum and the fairly new quilt shop above the pizza store.  I've read about it on line and someone has been there and said it was worth the drive.  I sure hope we can go before the snow flies.

Search This Blog