Monday, November 7, 2011

Please welcome


Hedwig!  She is a little beauty and I have had fun playing with her off and on over the last few days.  She certainly is different than my other Husqvarna's.............no thread cutter, you have to use a lever to lift the foot, the sound is different.  I do like her though.  She is going to do a lot of work over the next few years.

I wanted to try out the blanket stitch as I use it a lot for fusible web applique.


As you can see, it did a beautiful job.  I started with my November BOM as its not going to be a huge project this time.  Its a quick little thing and when I was starting it I figured it better be, 'cause shoot, the month was nearly here.  And darn now it is!!!!




I decided to give the Ricky Tims stabilizer a go too.  I love it!!!  This is perfect for what I do.  I held the "block" up to the light and pinned the stabilizer on and then sat at the machine and did my thing. 
                                       
When it came time to tear it away, it came off without any trouble.  I cut my large piece in two so it fit the back of the mitt perfectly............well on one, cause I messed up the first one, but it was only on one little corner.

I'm going to leave the rest where it is.  These wallhangings will never be washed and even if they are the stabilizer will just disintegrate into tiny fibers.


This is the back
and this is the front


I guess you have figured out that I'm doing mitts but so far that's all you know.  The great unveiling is coming, tomorrow as a matter of fact.  I'm so behind and the month has only started. 

Search This Blog