Friday, November 4, 2011

It's someone's birthday on Sunday


Not mine, not my kids either. 

It's Karl's  
He will be "xx".  Its a big one next year and then we will have a party!!!
Karl and I met many years ago when we both worked for the same company.  He was a driver and I did secretarial work in the traffic department.  I used to tell him where to go, but never how to get there.  We only went together for a little while and 46 years ago we got married.  Best darn thing I ever did.  I am not speaking for him.   














The kids, our boy, Peter and his sister Kristina have it all planned.  Not an easy task.  I got the email......"What are you doing for Dad's birthday?"  I replied "nothing".  Well, that didn't go over well.  I think we should have a luncheon....................lasagna, salad, etc.  I reminded Karl's daughter (sometimes my kids don't belong to me), that it was Dad's birthday and tradition dictates that the person whose birthday it is, gets to decide what they want to do.

Dad wanted nothing!!!  Well they perservered and Dad gave in.  So on Sunday, at 1 pm we are having buns, cold meats, toss salad and potato salad. All Dad's favourites. Pop for the drink, whatever you want, we seem to have a lot in the cold room and then I'm making the Danish Apple Cake with whipped cream for dessert.  I'll share photos of the cast and crew sometime next week.

To the #1 love of my life and the best person that ever immigrated to Canada



Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Karl
Happy Birthday to you.


I'm going to leave you with this for the week-end.  It's like the words in that old Anne Murray song..........."A little good news today" and don't we all love good news.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZtU676jA_k




Search This Blog