Monday, November 28, 2011

Dorothy Baker

Dorothy Baker is a quilt designer and she lives in my town...............well, no the town doesn't belong to me, but you know what I mean.

These are a few photos of Dorothy's work






















Recently I stumbled upon a brand new pattern by Dorothy that is a free block of the month.  I don't know how I did it, but fortunately for all of us, I did.

The new pattern is called Vintage Tiles Revisited and it is beautiful.

Blocks one and two are now available and they can be found here.


Click on the picture of the block and you will have a pdf of the pattern to download.  Click on the photo of the entire quilt and you will find the fabric requirements.


The above photo is Dorothy working on a new project at a UFO day we recently held for Guild members.  I don't know what she was doing, I didn't really have time to ask.  I was kind of busy that day doing this, that and the next thing.  One thing I do know, it will be lovely when its done.

I hope to start this quilt after the holidays.  I would like a very soft grey background and that's all I've decided for now.  I have to give it a few "thinks" before I begin. 

Dorothy has her own blog and you can follow along

I'll keep you posted when I get going.  This is not going to go on my "wanna do" list.

Search This Blog