Friday, September 2, 2011

What do you do...........

on a perfect summer day?    

You get in the car and drive over to visit friends.  We met up with Jessie and Max in Simcoe and had a wonderful lunch at a little fish and chip shop they know.  hmmmm, hmmmmmmmmm, good!














While we were in Town we headed over to the local farmer's market.  We bought fresh Ontario peaches, corn on the cob and Karl found his favourite cheese there.  He bought two bricks and now he knows where to go and get more.  The man is in Heaven.

From there the four of us took off over to Port Dover.  Its well known for its beach


its pier
                                                                    

and for the fishing boats that bring in the catch we all love,
Lake Erie Perch.
Its just a tiny little fish, but when cooked up............it just melts in your mouth.  So yummy

I needed a new pair of sunglasses and some nice young man on the beach was selling them at a ridiculous price.  I tried on some and finally found a pair I liked.  These were not them.  Ya gotta love that tag hanging down my nose.  Hides it well, though, doesn't it?


After Jessie and I each downed an ice cream cone, it was time to head home.  Karl and I both wanted to stop at a bakery we know to buy some raisin bread, then it was onto Picard's Peanuts, grown and processed right here in Ontario.  We may be going back over to Simcoe sooner than we think.  These are not going to last long in this house.

Jessie makes these fantastic little Raggedy Ann dolls.  She posted two on our quilting forum for us to see and before she knew it, they were both sold.  This is the one I bought.  It's for a little girl down the street who will be turning 1 in October.  Isn't she the cutest?










Then we headed over to Waterford.  I knew there was a lovely little quilt shop there and it was located in an old railway station.  That was it.  We kept driving the main road until we thought a particular area looked like it could have been a railway line through town.  We found it!!!!!














I'm giving you a map so you can find it easier.
View Larger Map


It was wonderful.  The fabrics are so yummy.  I told the girl in the store I will be back with friends (when they return from holiday).  There wasn't a fabric in the store that wouldn't look good in my sewing room. 
These are what I bought.  I need some tone on tones for a "scrap" quilt I'm making.  Why is it, when you make a scrap quilt you always have to buy fabric to make it with? 




There won't be anything now until the last week in September.  Karl and I are off for holidays 3 and 4 of the year.  Stay safe everyone.
 

Search This Blog