Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fellow bloggers

Before I tell you about the fellow bloggers, I have to tell you what a "flock" of Monarch butterflies are called.  It's a kaleidoscope.  Isn't that the perfect description of it?  Thanks, Mary Ann out there in Minnesota.

I didn't know two girls I know had blogs.  I found out about one while reading my guild newsletter.  I didn't know the young lady well but we have now connected on Facebook and I found out she just lives down the road and around the corner.  Dear heavens, we are neighbours. 

Her name is Elizabeth and she does the most fabulous machine quilting.  Not on a long arm on her domestic machine.  Take a look at this.  Wasn't that a treat for the eyes.  I'm going to learn how to do that before I become completely gray headed.

Elizabeth's site is:  http://sailbit.blogspot.com/  When I was over checking the correct link, I noticed that Elizabeth has a column about McTavishing.  Don't know what it is?  Shucks, you'll just have to go over and take a look.

This blog wasn't listed on the newsletter.  I found out about when I was on the phone one day with Patti.............she casually said to me............"I have a blog."  I said "you do", "what is it".  I went and investigated.  Patti is making The Farmer's Wife quilt.  Have you seen this quilt? 

It's up there with Jennifer Chiaverinni's Bridal Sampler.  Anyway, Patti is doing a follow along for this quilt on her blog.  She gives tips and tricks to make each individual block.    Patti's blog can be found at:
http://quiltedthreads.blogspot.com/  Don't forget some of Patti's tips can be used for other things as well.

You'll enjoy both of the them, I'm sure.  Check them out.



Search This Blog