Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Somedays........................

it just isn't worth getting out of bed, is it?  I had one of those days last week.  The brain just didn't wake up with the rest of the body.  However, one thing wasn't all lost.

I read the materials list, I read the directions.  Honestly, I did!  It said fusible batting and for some reason I instantly thought fusible web.  So I traced the pattern and was ready to iron it in place and then

Something stopped me in my tracks.  I re-read the directions and started to work step by step.  Sometimes you have to read the directions and not think you are so smart you don't have to!!!!!

All was not lost though.  I use steam a seam as all of you faithful readers know.  I can put it on something and move it about from table to ironing board and it doesn't move.  That's the reason why I love it so much. 

For the holders I made, you had to use a template to cut the top of them.  That is what I had traced onto the fusible web.  I matched up the two fabrics  (front and the lining) and then laid the fusible web down matching up the two corners along the bottom

and centering the point at the top. Then I took my rotary cutter and my ruler to be sure I cut a straight line and trimmed away the fabric.  It worked beautifully. 

All trimmed and ready to sew.  I think I may be using this method again.



Tomorrow we download our pattern from  Miss Birdie, otherwise known as Birdie Stitches.  I should get my block ready so I just have to embroider.  I should, but I'm on the run today.  I'm dropping a quilt off to my LA, then picking up some interfacing in one store and then off to another to buy cording.  I also need binding for a baby quilt, so it looks like a late lunch for me today.


Search This Blog