Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My name really isn't Martha!

I don't have a large home.  Rooms are small, closets are small and the linen cupboard.  Well, that is this tiny little thing that had to have extra shelves built in so we could store a little more when we all lived in this house. 

Pillowslips are the worst.  I don't put them with my sheets, they sit on another shelf above the sheets.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in.  Its dark in there and hard to reach.  Picture standing on your head and feeling for the ones you want.

I discovered a few weeks ago a new way to fold my cases so at least a pair come out at one time and darn they stay together too. 

Here is how I do it..................................I have used two different cases so you can see what I'm doing.


Fold the cases in half lengthwise.


Fold in half lengthwise again.

                           
Lay one pillowcase on top of the other one ...... halfway



Fold the bottom case over on top of the other case


Fold the other case over.


and ta-da there are ready to put away.  Both will come out at the same time ready to slip on the pillows.

Did you notice something?  I don't press my cases.  They come off the line, get folded and put away.  One night's sleep will crease them so why bother.  I don't have a spare room to have company, but if I did, I would press them then.  I would, I really would. 


Search This Blog