I had a few labels to make for my blocks of the month I've been doing with the girls over on
Coming Together to Quilt. I seem to have stopped making them way back in April. I like to be able to place more than one on a label sheet if I can. This time I managed to get three on one page.
(I did a tutorial on this way back in 2010.)
To add a bit of interest for me while I made these labels up I decided to do something I've not done before.
For the month of April, I pulled up all the fonts I have for the letter "A". I started at the top and typed up April.................if I didn't care for it, I tried the next one, then the next one. I tried different font sizes until I found what I wanted. (The only thing I didn't do was keep track of which ones I used.)
I did the same for May, and then June. For May I used the letter "M", for June, the letter "J". Once they were printed off I trimmed them down to 1/8" outside the border and then fused them to the sleeve of the wall hanging with Steam A Seam.
They don't have a lot of information on them. Just the basics. What it is, who designed it, who quilted it, the date and if there was a little story that was put on too.
I don't play with fonts and sizes very often. I usually go in, use the ones I like the best -- sort of like~~~get it over, get it done. Its another way to learn what your computer can do for you. Its not just for emailing and reading blogs. LOL
and by the way, my apologies to Printed Treasures labels. I ranted about them awhile ago and the troubles I had. It was me!!! I found out you cannot use your iron on hot! to remove the paper. If you use a warm setting and keep pressing after you start to remove the paper, you don't have any problems at all. I should write this down somewhere so I won't forget. Only problem is I'd forget where I put the note.
Have a good day everyone. Tomorrow -- a Smilebox made just for you and my granddaughter and her Mom and her Dad and her...................you get the picture........