Monday, August 29, 2011

Jingle all the way...............

I bet you didn't want to see that!  Reminds you of the best holiday time of the year IMHO. 
I  l-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-v Christmas.  Always have.  Christmas Eve is not easy for me.  I still lie in bed and wonder what Santa is bringing me.  I never know.  I get my gift from him and then I can't wait to get my visits in to my kids so I see the expressions on their faces when they open our gifts.

The book is called Jingle All the Way.  Written by Nancy Halvorsen of Art to Heart.  I love every Christmas book on my shelf she has written and I've made something out of every book too. 

This year is no different.  I bought the book for this ~~


I love bell pulls.  I'm hoping Karl can make the holders out of wood to make them more of  a keepsake for the family.  My plans are to make three of them.  Wish me luck















We give gift cards every year.  We have teen-agers and I don't attempt to keep up with the trends.  Four teens, four different tastes. (Our ten year old is so easy to buy for.  She loves everything.) The cards make it easy for them and they shop the Boxing Day sales to get more bang for their buck.  These were in the book....................

and these are three of the ones we are giving.    Not quite so fancy.


Ooops, I'll have to take one more photo to show you the hangers I made for them.  They don't show up.  Darn it and I have a tutorial on how to make them.  Well, I'll have to rectify that right away.

I have a little thing I do when working with my books.  Some of the books have pictures on one page and directions on the other.  I'm a visual person.  I love pictures..............they save a thousand words in my book.  Give me ten photos for the directions instead of ten steps and I'll have it made in a flash.  Sometimes the written word just isn't enough.  I highlight things -- this time with my pink one - and I put a great big clip on the page I need, be it the directions or the photo.  Doesn't matter it saves me a lot of page turning during the process.


Do I recommend this book?  Yes I do.  Will I make everything in it?  No, I won't.  But it will be here on my shelf for reference and maybe for making something another year.

Tomorrow..............a tutorial on how to make those little hanger thingies. 








Search This Blog