Friday, August 26, 2011

Gingerbread Cheer

A few years back, Angie's Bits and Pieces were offering a Christmas wall hanging.  It was a BOM, which is what I love to do, so I made it up.  The following year was another one I liked, so I made it too.  While I was making them I had no ide what I was going to do with all of them, but then the light bulb came on and a decision was made.

I'll make one for each of my grandchildren and when all five are done, they will all get them.  I have 3 to go.  I like this year's offering.  I really like it.  It will go to one of my daughter's children as each Christmas they make a gingerbread house, decorate it and then smash it, so they can get all the goodies.  Its a tradition.  This will mean so much to one of them.  (My original idea was to make it for my daughter, but she really doesn't need another Christmas wallhanging.)

This is it.  Angie's Gingerbread Cheer.  I cut all my blocks out, as that was the first thing given out.  I don't have all of it, just part of it, but that's okay.  When and if I ever get that darn tree skirt made, I'll take the left-over fabric and use it.  You need some sashing between some blocks and that's not done.


These are mostly Nancy Halvorsen fabrics.  Left-overs from other projects or maybe from that fat quarter pack I bought after Christmas last year. 

Here they are blocks 1, 2, and 3 all offered this month.  They will be there until the first week of September and then they are for members only.  For now, gals, they are FREE and we all love that.
I plan on doing all the stitching at the end.  I think I'm going to use one colour of thread for the blanket stitch -- a dark brown -- around everything but the "icing".  For that I'll use white.

Angie gave the block cutting instructions for July and that has been taken down.  You now have to be a member to download it. I'm sorry I was a bit late in getting this posted.  I should have been a bit more on the ball.  Maybe I was still on holiday or at least in holiday mode.


The next block will be posted the first week of September so these blocks won't be available for too much longer.  Get them while you can.


Search This Blog