Monday, July 11, 2011

Pottery, pottery, pottery

There is nothing worse than someone yakking on about their holiday and they presume you all know what they are talking about.  To make it easier for you to understand the locations of the places I'll be talking about, I'm posting a map of PEI.  The only thing you will have to remember is that we stayed in New Glasgow.  If you click on the words View Larger Map, guess what?  Ahhhhhhhhh, you're much too clever for me!!!  (You will have to move the map a little to the left so you can find New Glasgow which is on the right.  Confused?  I'm sorry, I have no other way to explain it.)


View Larger Map

I told you last week (or maybe the week before) about our trip up to New London. Yes, I am repeating some stuff today, but heck its my blog and I wanted to show you what we bought. We went to  Village Pottery.  It is gorgeous!!!!  They have the most beautiful things.  I was awestruck as I walked through the door.  There were so many pretty things....................everywhere!!!  I had some decisions made for me, but others took awhile to make.  I love the shop, I love the ambiance in the shop.  It is like an old fashioned village shop.
Village Pottery
How did I find them?  Well, I went into google and typed artisans of PEI.  From there I found a web page put out by the Island Tourism people.....................and the rest as they say is history.  I want to share what we bought at the two pottery shops we visited.  I intend to go back................again!!!

This is for Heather, our daughter-in-law.  I asked both our girls to go to the website and tell me which design they liked.  That was all.  Do not pick out what you want.  There has to be some surprise at Christmas.

Heather's

This is for Kristina.  Take a close look at it.  Can you see that fine line about 1/8 of the way up?  It gave this piece character.  It reminds me so much of PEI...............the colouring is wonderful.
Kristina's

This is for Taylor.  Taylor and frogs.  Story behind that.  She loves to find the frogs on Pog Lake in Algonquin Park when they go up.  This is not pottery, but I loved it and it will remind her of her days at the lake.
THE back
Taylor's






This is for Morgan.  She loves cute and that little mouse is cute.  She can save it and put her candy in it.  Perhaps it will come with candy.................her favourites are Campino strawberry.  She has a sweet tooth that girl.

Morgan's

This is for us.  I loved the colour.  I'm using it for a candle holder.  I have the votive holder and the votive in it already to use.
a yellow candle holder

Before I move on, I'm leaving a link here for you to pop over to this blog.  I found it on Friday afternoon while I was looking for something else on the site.  The power of the internet!!!

Now these two pieces did not come from Village Pottery, although at one time, she did have pottery there.  This is an artist that Marlene (hostess at the campground) knows.  The girl's name is Patti Hawkins.  She has her own studio in North Granville. 

Patti Hawkins

When I walked through the door I nearly lost my breath.  I love this piece and it is now in is proper place on the mantel for everyone to see.
my platter


This is another candle holder.  I love this as it reminds us of the sand on the beaches in PEI.  Red to me says "the Island".

one from Patti Hawkins


Prince Edward Island has a brochure now just for the arts and heritage of their Island.  It is surprise, surprise called Arts and Heritage Trail.  Each place is identifiable by a logo that each person got to choose.  This is one of them......................they are all quilting blocks.  I thought that was so neat.  This is the one at Patti's studio.  I didn't stop to take a photo of the one at Village Pottery.  We were scooting by on one of our outings when I saw it.

Patti's symbol

Tomorrow............................soap!!


Search This Blog