Monday, July 25, 2011

My cousins from Alberta dropped in the other day for a short visit.  We were joking around about how fun loving the Norwegian people are. We were talking about those fabulous trousers the curlers were wearing at the Olympics.  Little did we ever think that Norway's world would be turned upside down in an instant.  My husband was born in Denmark and although he has lived longer in Canada than he ever did in Denmark we still have close ties with the Scandinavian countries. 
Our heartfelt and deepest sympathies to everyone in Norway. 
 



This, that and not much else!

First up today is EQ.  A lot of us have this programme installed in our computers and we are puttering away trying to teach ourselves.  I learn best if I only learn one thing at a time.  I can't go to a class and absorb a dozen things.  My brain doesn't work that way.  I learn best by doing what I need to know at the time.

I subscribe to an online magazine.  The only reason I do is because they have lessons on EQ.  The magazine is called Down Under Quilts and just from that name alone you know where it comes from.  You have to subscribe to it, but its FREE!!!!!!  Here's the link................

http://www.creativelivingmedia.com.au/

When it arrives on your computer door step, you just look for computer quilting on the left hand side and you can print it off and do it at your leisure.  I have learned a lot from it.

My birthday was yesterday.  I turned 66.  Here are a few pics of the day.  We had a great time.  The older girls brought the salads and the cake.............we supplied the burgers and the toppings.  That's my favourite meal so that's what we had.  That's a family tradition. What you like best, is what is served.

We put the beer on ice...................

and then they started arriving.......................first Amy (Brandon's girlfriend) and Heather

Then Kristina and the girls...........................



Brandon and Kyle came after work.........................................

after supper we got to dive into this..............


and I got to lick the candle.................


when the bugs came out, we headed inside.................................


The only one to miss was Cody.  From now on, we give our teen-agers 2 weeks notice so they can re-arrange their schedules.
We had a great time.  The party started at 4:30 and went until 10:30.  We'll do it all over again in September for Brandon.

Morgan is visiting until Tuesday.  We have plans to make for our holiday.



I went to the doctor on Friday.  I've been having trouble with my left hand in the thumb area.  He looked at me and said ........ "Have you been quilting?"  I said "Yes."  "You have to give you hand a rest."  To try to explain this  ~~ I have tennis elbow in my thumb.  Its from repetitive work.  Its from binding quilts!!!  He didn't say I couldn't quilt or sit at the machine, so I'll do that for awhile and see how things go.  I'm having a dickens of a time picking up my wee girl.  I have to get it better so I can do that.



FOLLOW-UP
I found it!  I couldn't fall asleep the other night, so I sat at the computer and looked on Angie's for the pattern I made Misty in the Garden from.  Unfortunately, you have to be a member to download the pattern.  Here it is though.


Tomorrow.....................did we have a bad day?


Search This Blog