Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July block of the month

Yesterday's temperature was.................
are you ready?.......................
100*
at our backdoor in the shade at 3:00 p.m. 
I'll share with you.

Another Newsflash

On July 9th, our son Peter.......................
competed at the Provincial Truck Driving Championships.  No, he didn't win, but he came 7th overall.
That means that he is in the top 10 of the b-train drivers in Ontario.  When you compete at these championships you are not allowed to drive the truck you would normally be driving.  Peter as you know drives for Tim Horton's, so he had to drive another company's trucks.  I believe he drove a truck from Home Hardware.  He also didn't drive gear shift, but automatic.  You do obstacle courses to test your ability in tight - sometimes very tight - situations.  This is not Peter doing this manoeuvre.


Next year, regardless of where the championships are held, Dad and Mom will be there cheering their boy on.  (Thanks to George who took all these photos.)

Okey-dokey, now for today's column

I actually had this just about put together when we left for holidays.  I only had the binding and sleeve to sew down.

I found this over on Angie's Bits and Pieces.  I adapted it just a tiny bit.  It said Welcome on it and I just left that off. (Do you welcome people to your bathroom?)  I went back to find the pattern and darned if I know where it is.  Angie, can you help us out here, please?

I'm calling this Misty in the Garden.  She loves the garden cause it has bugs that fly and when she tries to catch them she flies to....................straight up in the air.

Once all the hand sewing was done, I placed it on the back of the sofa, laid the girl down in front of it and here it is...................almost match!!



Misty is going in to the vet's tomorrow afternoon for an ultra-sound. She has a heart murmur that is a 4.  The scale goes from 1-6 and 6 is bad!  We have to find out what's cooking before she has her surgery which should be done sooner rather than later.  Keep your fingers crossed its good news.

Tomorrow...................grumble, whine, complain.  Sure you want to read it?

Search This Blog