Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Honestly, Chapter two..................

Well, I traced all the pieces and I cut all the pieces.  THEN I remembered I hadn't put the white interfacing behind the seagull........................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

I thought about it for an entire evening and came up with this. I normally fuse the interfacing to the white fabric before I apply the fusible web.  As I hadn't remembered to do it this time, I tried something new. 

Ah-ha,

but before I could do that I had to find the interfacing.  I keep it all in one bag, hanging on a hook in the sewing room.  I didn't have what I wanted!!!  I used a heavier weight cause darned if I was going to leave it, troop out to the store (which is in another town), come home and get back to work.

Here we go, step by step with photos.


I laid my applique pressing sheet on the ironing board, then the interfacing with the sticky side DOWN!! I peeled the paper off the pieces and laid them on the interfacing. I fused them together with my iron

I trimmed away the excess intefacing.  Then I took everything to the light table where the top and the pattern were waiting for me.

I laid everything out and because my light table is glass, I gave them a soft press with my iron.  Just enough to hold til I got to the ironing board.  There I gave them a good pressing.  See.........


I wiggled it in the air to see if the interfacing was pressed enough.  I was sure it was, but I gave it another one from the front and then turned it over and pressed well from the back. 
 Here it is.  Ready for machine quilting.  Of course, that is if there isn't any more nonsense happening with this BOM.  Wish me luck!


Tomorrow.................a product review.

Search This Blog