Monday, July 18, 2011

Fabulous fabric

NEWSFLASH
I'm breaking a promise I made to you a few weeks ago. I have to share this.

This article was printed in the Slave Lake Lakeside Leader.  If you cannot see this, you can view it here:  http://www.lakesideleader.com/2011/110706/week27.pdf
It is page 38 and it does take time to load.....a long time.


On Friday, July 15th in The Oakville Beaver, this was published.


Here is that link: http://www.insidehalton.com/community/oakvillebeaver/article/1043938


Alrighty, now for today's blog.....................


There is this lovely little fabric store in Charlottetown that I enjoy wandering through.  I found it a few years ago on the intenet.  At that time I was looking for something that said Prince Edward Island and I sure found it here.  The store is called Quilting B and More.



This is the shop where I bought the Anne patterns 2 years ago.  I bought the most recent one this year.  I won't be buying any more.  Here is what I got from there this time.  I bought some more "Anne" fabric.  Karl chose the blue and I took the cream.  The rest is for different projects I'm working on.  Some for Taylor's quilt, some for Paul's wall hanging, a snowman pillow panel and coordinate and the border for my Anne contribution to next year's tombola for the guild.

The day before we left the Island, I asked Karl to drive me to the Bargain Fabric Outlet.  I thought I would see if I could get anymore fabrics for Taylor's quilt.  She had asked for greens and blues.  I'm using Atkinson Designs, Texas Two Step.  Welllllllllllllllllllll, they had them. 

The yellow will be the main colour and the others along with what I bought in Charlottetown will just make it perfect.  The blue at the top is a flannel for the backing.  My grands love to curl under a quilt while watching movies on family night.  Last year's quilts were a titch small so they will lay those on the leather sofa to keep their butts warm.

That's all I bought in the line of fabric.  I wasn't even going to buy that, but the fabric outlet sells their fabrics for only $10.98 a metre so thought I should invest in those before I came home.

Tomorrow, back to normal.......................well as normal as it gets around here.  My July BOM

Search This Blog