Friday, July 29, 2011

Ann.............with an "e"

The latest news from Slave Lake
I have known about this for over a week and for me to keep a secret that long is almost unheard of.  I wanted this to be a total surprise for Patti.  I think I managed it.  It was a surprise for Lynne too.
Linda thank you so much for what you are doing.  I hope I get to meet you one day and give you one huge hug.



And now for today's yakkings!......................................

Anne of Green Gables is soooooooooooooooooooooooo Canadian.  Its like the Mounties in their red serge (wool by the way) uniforms, like peameal bacon, like beaver tails!  They are a treat to eat.


It is a wonderful pastry that is sweet to eat.  Loads of sugar and cinnamon is my favourite.

Having done a few quilt shows before, I knew we would do the tombola.  It is a marvellous fund raiser for the show.  I decided to do a miniature of this.

While we were in Prince Edward Island, I picked up the green fabric for the border and also the backing.  You can only get the patterns on the Island and the Anne of Green Gables fabric.


They have labels too, so I bought one, put a fabric frame around it and will get it sewn down.



Here it is.  Almost completed.  As I told you awhile back no repetitive work for awhile.  Rats and darn it anyhow!



50% smaller and slightly different fabrics.  Anne has a bright pinafore on.............too bright, but too late. 

Ursula its done!!  Here's one you can count on.

Monday is a holiday here in Ontario so I'll see you on Tuesday.
Don't forget Monday is August 1st.  Miss Birdie will be out.

Search This Blog