Friday, June 3, 2011

So I guess you would like to know

if I did any damage at the show last Friday.  Well, I did.  Of course, I did.  I don't know who is worse at shows, Charleen or me.  We both spent the same amount of money which is most unusual.

I bought these beautiful fabrics from a booth that was there from Holland.  She had the most beautiful fabrics, but I stuck with the red and white as she is soon posting a pattern on her website that I would like to make.  Here name is Maaike Bakker .  We had a moment to speak to her husband and they are taking a 3 week holiday in Ontario before they head back home.  I hope they enjoy their time with us.


Then I found these....................they will finish off nicely what I hope to make out of 30's prints.  Those patterns I showed you yesterday, well its going to be the first one, cause I like it the best and it will be faster to make up.

I saw this at one booth and was thrilled.  The white background Christmas fabric is one of my favourites.  I bought some years ago at a little shop well north of here and kicked myself around the block when I came home because I didn't buy more.  Now I have it and with 4 fabrics I have a start on a quilt for a grand.



Of course, if you are going to be driving by the door, why not stop in at a quilt shop.  (To drive by this door, we drove one hour out of our way!!!!) We did, we purchased.  Not much just little bits and bobs and books.  I love Nancy Halvorsen and this book will be used...............it has oak leaves in it.  I live in OAKville.  I bought those Stonehenge fabrics to make some leaves.  I'd love to find some greens.  I'll check out my local QS or perhaps buy them in PEI.  Now there's a thought!





















I saw this pattern too.  Its not that I'm a lover of Hallowe'en but that it is something different!  I would love to do it in oranges, blacks, lime greens, purples.  Make it really, really different.  Its from Crabapple Hill Studio.  I've embroidered her Winter Wonderland and it took me quite awhile, but I loved it when it was done.  It hangs on the wall after Christmas for the duration of the winter. 



Speaking of winter, I would like to share this with you.  Our daughter gave us this for Christmas.  I was going to keep it until June 25th, but I won't be here then, so here you go.....................I want to see how long I can keep it.  My secret?  I have no idea.  Neglect?  on the mantle out of the sun? the plant's dogged determination?




Search This Blog