Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Slave Lake

I promise this is the second to last posting on the quilts for Slave Lake.  I would like to do one more after our guild meeting.  I want you all to see just how generous quilters are, not just our guild, although they will be the ones I feature.

This is the last quilt.  I finished!!!!!  I am so happy I got it done.  I also found more quilts stashed away here and there so they are going off too.  My daughter kept questioning one I was giving, but I reminded her another can be made another day.  It was the pinwheel quilt I made from an old Thimbleberries book.

This quilt is made from the fat quarters I double ordered from Connecting Threads awhile ago.  I decided to bind it with strips of 20" lengths and I was the luckiest person going on Sunday when it worked out perfectly.

I opted to go with oak leaves in the border.  I thought "western" as in cattle, wheat, horses, cowboys, but the fabric didn't "speak to me" with those.  It took me two days to decide that leaves were the answer.  I hope some young man enjoys this quilt. 

These are my donations. 





May you find comfort in this quilt from a friend.




Search This Blog