Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A little tour of the................

Hurrah!  Summer has arrived.


I walked around the yard the other day with camera in hand.  Here is a little tour of what we grow starting with

the veggie garden.  This keeps us going all summer, fall and well into the winter.
veggie garden


Now for the flowers...............
one of several of Karl's weigela bushes.
weigela

These cluster bells we brought home from Saskatchewan.  They are so beautiful
cluster bells

I have no idea what these are called, but the are lovely in the rock garden.
006 [640x480]


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, lupins.  They grow wild in PEI.  I'll take photos of their prolific bloomers.
lupins


This peony bush is one taken from my Granny's house in Long Branch.  Our daughter is getting a root in the fall for her house.
peony


My pansies.  A garden isn't complete in my opinion without pansies.
pansy

One more post before we leave on Thursday, then just updates and photos of our trip which of course will include trips to various stores on the island.

Search This Blog