Monday, June 13, 2011

Henrietta

I can't believe how many of these blocks Irene and I have done.  Two rows are now completed.  Maybe this is why I love doing BOM's.  So little to do at the end if you keep at it. 

First up is Irene's.  Now I don't know whether Irene even noticed this but I did.  I really get into these things.  I love to peruse things and see what's cookin'.  This is the middle square in a square on the top row of the block.


See those leaves?  Uh-huh, I know you do.  Now take a look at the block and then I'll tell you the story........

This block originally had a star smack dab in the centre of the pumpkin.  During one of our emailing sessions (we've been known to send a few in a day), Irene mentioned she was changing the star to either oak or maple leaves.  She got in a bit of a funk or she was just being toooooooooo choosie/choosey about the "right" leaf.  I love what she found.  Now do you see what I saw?

Almost maple leaves in the middle block and maple leaves on the pumpkin.  Think she saw that?  She will now.

Here is mine.  As I sometimes do, different.  I didn't like the star, I thought acorns cause you know where I live, then just totally left them all off.

If life slows down this week, I'm going to take a day before we leave for holiday and sew my two rows together.  I don't know how we did it, but boy are we busy running this week.  I'm going to need that holiday in quiet, peaceful, calm Prince Edward Island.


Search This Blog