Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slave Lake, Alberta

I live in a massive country, 9306 kilometers or 5780 miles from one side to the other.  To drive from coast to coast, west to east or vice versa takes days and days. 



















We have different weather patterns in the country.  Lately ours has been rain, rain and more rain.  In Alberta, they have had very dry weather in the northern part. 


This last week has seen a massive wildfire that has engulfed the town of Slave Lake.  40% of the town is gone and people have lost everything.  Not a thing is left. 





No one has lost their life.  Firefighters are heading there now from Ontario and British Columbia.  We have no fear of fire in Ontario at the moment.  Its too darn wet.

I had an email from Lynne.  She asked what I thought of making quilts and sending them out to Alberta.  I said "YES!!!".  I had one in the machine      

that was just about ready to have the binding put on.  I started to think what else I could make when I turned around and saw this one on the flannel board. 


Add more and it would be ready for quilting.  Good quilt for a boy or a man. It's done!  I spent Tuesday at the machine and I added some borders.  I found flannel in the closet and I'll put that on the back.

 I have a panel in the closet with flannel that only needs to be sandwiched and quilted.  That makes 3!  Bet I can do more.

I wonder when others are going to help out.  Big fabric companies were doing their all for Japan, but don't hear anything for our own people.  Rather ticks me right off!  I'll give them time and then if nothing happens, I may just not buy their fabric anymore.




Search This Blog