Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One by my LA

NEWSFLASH

Well, I didn't win the tombola.  My friend Susan won something, not sure what as her husband took the call.  Ah well, perhaps another year.


As you know, my LA had to retire and I had to find a new machine quilter.  Robin was my choice.  I have known her for a long time and her work is impeccable.  I was so glad she was able to take me on as a customer.

Robin made this quilt, from start to finish.............

Robin's quilt

I have to apologize for the angle.  I couldn't get back far enough to get the entire quilt in the picture.  There was a solid cement wall behind me and stairs were behind that.  I was so disappointed that I couldn't take a shot straight on.

Now take a look at the sewing..................

Closeup

Each and every point is perfect!  All of them.  Now go back to the first photo and see how many there are.  Fabulous.

Now for a close up of her machine quilting.  It was the best in the show.

Another close up

This quilt is not overquilted.  So many seem to be these days.  I don't know why.  The beauty of all the work just disappears.
I am not biased, I am not prejudiced, but I'm honest.  If this quilt doesn't win, it is a crime, an absolute crime.



Search This Blog