Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The saga continues...............

I found one piece of the lime green already cut in a 5" square.  I made another block!  It was perfect and then I cut it.  Oh my gosh, the rotary cutter slipped.  I couldn't believe my luck.  I have no more lime green, I don't know where I bought it.  I was so devastated.  This quilt was turning out so well..............and I liked it!  I really, really liked it.  I left the room.  What else could I do. 

Later in the day I went back to.  I had a thought and lo and behold, the thought is going to work.  I decided to cut one black block.  In this block I'm going to write the names of some of his favourite rock groups.  I have a list from his Mom and I know a few from sewing patches on his jacket.


The top


I know this is going to work.  He will be surprised when he sees it as he doesn't have any idea its coming.  It maybe a Christmas gift, if may not.  I have the backing -- its flannel.
You can see the lime green and the black.  Its the best I could do.  I believe I got it on sale right after Christmas. I bought another piece so now the next quilt has to be smaller than the backing.  I think Ican do that.

The backing.
I'm going to start machine quilting it next week.  I want to get ahead on some things this week as we are leaving in a few weeks for Ottawa and then of course I'll be running behind.  This is a real holiday.........hotel, someone else cooking, someone else cleaning up, and sight-seeing.  This time the Governor Generals', the Royal Canadian Mint (no they don't give out samples) and I'm hoping to get to The Museum of Civilization.  They have fantastic exhibits and the main foyer is colossal.


Search This Blog