Over a week ago, I put the two stockings I had aside and picked up my black fabrics and one lime green. Cody's quilt I gave him last Christmas was too short. I forgot that men don't curl up under quilts -- they
s-t-r-e-t-c-h out. Full length.
I got to look into his spotlessly clean closet and there were all his t-shirts on hangers..........................all black except for one white one! Black jeans too. He also wears his black boots. He loves them!!! No sense even asking his favourite colour. The lime green -- he loves it! I do too so this quilt won't be hard to work on. (By the way I wasn't joshing when I said his closet was spotless. It is. And he is 16!!!)
I decided after doing the disappearing nine patch from Missouri Star Quilt Company that I would go with that design. I took the fabrics and cut enough blacks to make 120 ~ 5" squares. I needed 15 green. Then I stacked them in piles of 8 black and 1 lime. I just picked up each stack and sewed it together. No thought process going on here at all. I wanted it sort of random as random as fat quarters and spares can give you.
I made all the blocks up and cut one to see how to set it. (The rest were stacked on a shelf). Yesterday, I decided to get going on them as it was laundry day and I was going to be downstairs. I was cruising right along and then.................................ooops!!!!!
I don't know how I did it, but I sure did do it!!! What a mistake that was and I thought it was going to be costly too. Fortunately I found one more green and there are certainly enough blacks and greys. I payed more attention to the rest of them. I couldn't afford any more errors.