Monday, April 25, 2011

As promised................

On Thursday I blethered so much I thought I better stop and leave this.  The trivet swap names have been exchanged and everyone is working away on what they are sending to their "swapee". 

As I offered to host this swap I know who/whom everyone has.  Now the girl I'm sending to loves purple.  I know that from previous exchanges,(no, I've never had her, its just that I noticed that she does) but I didn't want to make what I'm making all purple.  A bit too much for my taste.

Okay, okay you want to know my thoughts on this.  Once again I found what I wanted on Angie's.  This trivet is suppose to arrive at its destination in time for Mother's Day.   When I think of Mother's Day, I think of two things...........flowers and tea.  I have no idea why "tea", but it came to mind first off. 

I decided to make a teapot and I wanted it to look like a bone china tea pot.  Did I luck out!  These are my fabrics.  I'm using the dark grey for the backing and the binding and the other two fabrics for the teapot.  The creamy white fabric didn't scan as well as I would have liked.  It actually has a silvery line through it not grey.  It is beautiful. 

Photobucket
 
I'm going to make this trivet totally reversible.  A tea pot on either side with the teapots reversed.  The pot itself will be purple on one side and creamy/white on the other.  Then it doesn't matter which side (*^&%$^ uses it.  Now I won't be showing you the finished trivet until (*^&%$^ shows it on the forum.  Soooooo, you will have to wait awhile.  I'll have a few pictures for you then.

Search This Blog