Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am so excited....................

 One of the girls on our quilting forum     queen-bee    by name, was asked to host a Flat Stanley for one of the children of our members.  Do you know the story of Flat Stanley?  This is a synopsis according to Wikipedia.

Stanley Lambchop and his younger brother Arthur are given a big bulletin board by their Dad for displaying pictures and posters. He hangs it on the wall over Stanley's bed. During the night the board falls from the wall, flattening Stanley in his sleep. He survives and makes the best of his altered state, and soon he is entering locked rooms by sliding under the door, and playing with his younger brother by being used as a kite. Stanley even helps catch some art museum thieves by posing as a painting on the wall. But one special advantage is that Flat Stanley can now visit his friends by being mailed in an envelope. Eventually Arthur, who tires of all the attention Stanley has been getting, reverts Stanley to his proper shape using an air pump used for footballs.
Flat Stanley
I think I was the one that sort of suggested we start our own Flat Stanley.  Well, that started the ball rolling.  We are going to have Patchwork Polly.  She is going to start in Granite Falls, Minnesota and those that want to play can post their names on the blog and off Polly will travel.  She will have the opportunity to visit a lot of the United States, Ontario, Australia and who knows where else.

I cannot wait to get her.  I know where I'm taking her.  Down to our Museum so she can see where we hold our workshops and maybe if I get her at the right time, I can take her to Guild.  She will of course, just have to go to a quilt shop and out for dinner.  She may even get to go on a holiday with us.

When I was a child we never did anything like this.  We went to school, sat in our desks and did school work, and then went home.  No school trips at all.  My two favourite subjects were -- no make that three -- were recess, lunch and French.  Hehehehehehehe, I bet you thought I was going to say gym.  Fooled ya!  I loved French. 

I'll keep you posted on Polly's adventures.  I'll post photos here for all of you to see where Polly visits in my Town.  I can hear my husband now.......................no, I don't think I will print it here.

Search This Blog