Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, boy, I've got it!

I have the flu, but its okay you can read this column.  I put my mask on before I started to cough and hack all over the scene.  I had my flu shot, but this devil got me and got me good!  I started a week ago Thursday and by Monday I was done in.  I got up, threw a load of laundry in and then went back to bed............until noon!  I never do that.  Monday to Thursday's blogs this week had been written the week before and was I glad.  Today we start fresh..................................

On Tuesday, my day was brightened significantly by a parcel arriving at my door.  Remember me telling you Tracy was trouble.  Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, trouble delivered. 

Tracy ~~ a.k.a. Fiberbabble has her own blog and I follow it.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I shouldn't.......only teasing.  I saw this really yummy fabric and asked Tracy to get it for me.  She did...............now take a look.
I asked Tracy to also send me that brilliant pink which isn't from the line and perhaps a green and then I checked the line out on the web and they still had some of one that I liked. (Its the pink on the top with the pattern.)
Now look at this....................................yummy!

This fabric to me says something summery.  I will have to spend some time on the internet and browsing through my library.  I refuse to buy any more magazines for at least a year and now 2 months into the year and I haven't bought any.  Rather proud of myself. 

Of course the same can't be said about my purchases on the internet.  I owe, I owe, oh my do I owe!  I am getting rather -- shall we say -- fed up with the tiny spools of thread from Guterman.  By the time I wind a spool and do some free motion quilting, its empty. 

I asked about large cones of thread from my sewing store and they said they would order in anything I liked.  But I'm here now, was the thought that crossed my mind.  I don't want to make countless trips out of town to buy thread.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I checked out Connecting Threads.  Look what came yesterday.

Don't you just love all these colours?  I bought some lines of thread they are discontinuing and in a few months time, I'll go back and order some more.  I need some more pension cheques before I hit that "checkout" button again.








Search This Blog