Baby panel

Baby panel
Flutterby

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Its cardinals this month

Little Miss Shabby had her birdie for February posted on the first.  I downloaded it, put it on fabric and then got to the embroidery.  I only do hand stitching at night time so it took two nights to get it done.

When I wrote about these blocks last month, I said I had thought about doing different kinds of birds.  I started!  I did cardinals this month.  Its the only red bird I know, truth be told.  Its native to my part of the world and its one of Karl's favourites.

Okay, the great unveiling.................................ta-da


Mine is different, but you knew it would be.  I didn't like the hat on the head of "himself" so I dropped that.  I only did two hearts on "herself" and I gave "sir" some tail feathers.  I didn't give him elaborate tail feathers.....for a change the female is the beauty of the pair IMHO.

Next up is Gloria's.......

Don't you just love the cheerfulness of this block?
And now Lynda's.........
I love the three hearts on the bottom of the block.  It adds a bit of interest, doesn't it?
 


by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF