Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh my goodness....

I read other blogs and there are days I am so thankful I do.  On Angie's blog last week, she told us about a new blog that is starting up.

I went and checked it out.  Love it, just love it!  For those of you who are members of the Guild, remember over two years ago we made the Underground Railroad Quilts?  Look at this.................Civil War.........

http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/

There is a history lesson and then a free...........yes I said free.............pattern.  The first up is Catch me if you Can.  It is a simple little block that anyone could do.



There will be 52 blocks when you are done...................one a week.  Check this link out for a possible layout. 

After you have checked that blog out...................take a look here.  These are from Angie's Bits and Pieces.  The first two are for subscribed members of which I am!  It is really worth the $30 per year.  Do you have any idea where you can buy so many patterns for this amount of money?  No, neither do I.







Then there is this one. Its free and oh so cute.


I'm doing the Baltimore BOM in miniature because it will be a challenge for me.  I like the All Buttoned Up and what sold me was the sand dollar.  Karl and I used to collect them in South Carolina and then of course there were the ones we found in Shelburne Nova Scotia one year.  That's a little story in itself.

Home Sweet Home would be another challenge for me, but I may have to pass.  I have so much on my plate already.  I could put it in a file though. 



Search This Blog