Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Morning friends

I had today's column all written and then something happened and you will have to wait until tomorrow.

Just before Christmas a friend of mine, Lynne by name, sent me an email.  It touched my soul.


This is a gold ribbon.  Do you know what it stands for?  I didn't before, but I sure do now.  It is for children with cancer.  Never mind the pink one, the turquoise one, blue or yellow.  This is the "not much known about" or the "forgotten" ribbon.

A little over two years ago a friend in Guild came up to us and asked for our help.  Her little 4 year old granddaughter was dying of cancer.  She wanted to donate hats for children so they could cover their heads.  We had two workshops and made hat after hat after hat.  I have no idea how many Mary Jane collected.  It made us feel so good.  They were donated to the hospital in Hamilton Ontario where they treated Sarah.

A young girl in Canada by the name of Stephanie has had her own battle with childhood cancer since 2004.  She would like help................not monetary, nothing but your signature.  A simple little request that will cost you nothing, but a sheet of paper and an envelope.

I will let you read about it here: 
http://www.goldribboncampaign.org/
Unfortunately only Canadians can send in the petition.  I have sent mine ~~ in Memory of Sarah.

Please take a moment and download the petition, sign it, put it in an envelope and drop it into a mailbox.  For the children.................who don't deserve to suffer.





Search This Blog