Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How did I go from this




to this?....................

with this!.....................
These are put out by Behr paint and although other paint companies do it too, I like these the best.  They open out like this and inside
they give you ideas for, of course, painting.  However, painting is like quilting IMHO.  The colour is just applied to another texture.

I took the brown colour from the table in set-up one and the couch in number three.  Instead of going into a fabric shop with no idea what I wanted I had at least narrowed it down to a brown tone.  I headed right to that area and the one I liked the best and the one that worked the best popped right off the shelf at me.

If you look on another one of the flaps, you can see a colour wheel.  It gives you more information


and if you double click the image you can read it.

Behr has a fabulous website that you can browse through.  This is the "exploring colour" part of it. 

http://www.behr.com/dsm-ext/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=6bd8ea6621ca5110VgnVCM1000008119fea9RCRD&vgnextfmt=default#channel=EXPLORE;vgnextoid=8328ea6621ca5110VgnVCM1000008119fea9RCRD;view=26

I've spent a bit of time on this website and have come away with so many ideas.  I just wish I could afford them all.

Search This Blog