Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

I'm not a big believer in New Year's Eve.  I don't stay up to "welcome" in the year cause to me it is just another day.  This little wish is all you will hear from me on the subject




I started my January projects a week ago Sunday.  It was a day of rest for me.  Two turkey dinners after a week of running around, and I desperately wanted to be in my sewing room again.

I am in a bunch of stuff that should keep me out of mischief every month.  They are all on my quilting forum.  The ladies keep me focused and we help each other to complete our projects.  I know I've joined three things and possibly four.  I have memory problems.  I call it CRA......can't remember anything!!!!

I have joined a BOM.  That I do know.  I'm going to make this ~~ sort of!
This was a Christmas gift to my giftee in the Secret Santa swap last year.  I really, really like it and have wanted one for myself, so this is January's.  This pattern is from The Wooden Bear.  I'm going to sit down one day and take a good look through her site and maybe, just maybe, order a pattern or two.


We get to choose what we want to do, which is nice.  I bought 4 books with great intentions of using them, but their snowmen just didn't cut it for me.  I'm a very particular person when it comes to snowmen.  They have to be cute!  Some day I'll just do a blog post on all my snowmen.  Give you pattern links too. (if I can)


This is mine.  I'm hanging it on the front door for the month of January.  February I'm thinking hearts and I may even use one of the books I bought.




Now, what is next?
Christmas club, secret sister, UFO (Bingo).  I don't know.  I'm going to put my hand in the hat and pull out a name and that's the next project up.

P.S.  So much for my snowman hanging on the front door.  Our bathroom hanger has been empty for months so guess where he ended up?

That wall is actually yellow....................looks grey in the photo.  Next time I won't use the flash and it may show up better. 

Search This Blog